Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ogden half marathon and kids K



Jeff ran in his first half marathon on saturday!(13.2 miles) He did so good. He started at Eden Park and came down Ogden canyon down the parkway to finish at Grant Ave. and 25th street. He made it in 2 hrs and 39 min. For his first half that is an awesome time. I am so proud of him and all of his hard work training for it. Way to go! Keep it up for the next races!!!! Nathan and joey got to do a kids K(.6 miles) with their cousin Marti as well. I was going to run with them but am not feeling so good still. So my dad offered to run in my place. Nathan and my dad finished in 5 min 40 secs. awesome time!!!! Joey started with Marti and Auntie Tawnia but wanted to go faster so he ran it alone, which is why I have no pic of him running. We did not see him until he passed us. He did so good. He finished between 11 and 12 min. Tawnia and Marti were just behind that. Marti ran the entire time. so for her first race she did great. I did not get very good pics since my camera died. so i will have to go onto Tawnias blog to get some other pics. Way to go all of you runners!

2 comments:

Kory, Tawnia, Marti and Emersyn said...

By the way...the kids didn't run a K, they ran a mile. I don't know why they called it a Kids K when it was really a mile, they should have called it a Kids Mile, but I guess that doesn't sound as cute.

Jessica said...

Congrats to them all! It's such a great accomplishment!