Monday, February 2, 2009

My Hero



I had to pick a Hero for our Young Womens Hero night last month. So I decided to do it on my Dad. I love my dad. He has always been there for me. Growing up i remember him taking me to girl scouts on his motorcycle and either coaching or assisting on my baseball teams! I never doubted that my dad loved me, even if he never said " I love you" I knew by his actions that he did. I always loved the fact that he showed us kids that he loved my mom first and foremost above anyone else. What an example that was for me to use when I got married. My dad may look gruff on the outside but he is the kindest most tenderhearted man I know. He would do anything for anyone that needed his help. From him jumping over fences to save a daughter to helping a scared child at the hospital to just being in the room for a new grandbaby. He may not admit it but he is always watching out for ways to help out his children.
My dad is a wondeful grandpa to my kids. He gets involved in their lives and really truly cares about them individually. My kids just love him.
Thanks Dad for everything you have done for me and giving me a great example to live up to! I love you!!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

It did such a good job on this! You really do help to inspire all!

Holly said...

You are so lucky to have a dad like that. My dad was like that too. It was really hard to watch him suffer and die the way he did. I miss him a lot.